- Wisdom in Early Confucian and Israelite Traditions, By Xinzhong Yao (Routledge, 2016. p. 79): (ZiGong BCE), one of the closest disciples of Confucius, reportedly said: 'Not to tire of learning is wisdom' :
Wisdom is an integratal part of all philosophical and religious traditions in the world. Focusing on the concept of wisdom, this book examines the difficulties and problems facing comparative studies of the early Confucian and Israelite traditions by exploring the cosmological and ethical implications of wisdom in the older layers of Christian and Confucian texts. Presenting a detailed discussion of how wisdom was understood in philosophical, religious and social contexts by the writers of the socalled early Confucian and Israelite wisdom texts, this book offers an invaluable contribution to our understanding of the significance of wisdom in the East and West, and to our knowledge of different and yet related ways of life as understood in their literature.
For the Israelites the divine is YHWH, the creator of the world and of human beings, and YHWH is the sole source of human nature and wisdom, as explained in the Book of Ben Sira: He [YHWH] gave to men few days, a limited time, but granted them authority over the things upon the earth. He endowed them with strength like his own, and made them in his own image … he filled them with knowledge and understanding, and showed them good and evil. (Sir. 17:2–7)(page 122)... Continue reading (ebook)
- Intelligence is endowed. wisdom is learned, IslamiCity Bulletin
- Prophetic Wisdom – Generation Gap By: Sadullah Khan Source: IslamiCity
- Knowledge of the Sacred, According To to S H Nasr: Intelligence is endowed with the possibility of what? -- it is endowed with the possibility of knowing the Absolute
- Wisdom of Imam Ali Source: IslamiCity
- Narayaneeyam - Dasakam: 5 (Cosmic Evolution): Oh Guruvayoorappa! This principle of intelligence is endowed with the three gunas. Being activated by that Supreme Consciosness,and being roused by Time. The principle of Intelligence was projected by Maya.This came to be known as "MAHAT". Although a f "Prakriti" with its constituent qualities of Sathwa, Rajas and Tamas,the 'mahat' was predominantly Sathwa in nature with no separate individuality or status of its own.A bit more of "TAMAS" was then added to "Mahat"and it now came to be known as "AHAMKARA" (Egoity),rooted in separateness, difference and plurality. [see also THE ORIGIN OF THE UNIVERSE --(The Concept of the "VIRATA PURUSHA")]
- Daniel 1:4 : biblehub: youths in whom was no defect, who were good-looking, showing intelligence in every branch of wisdom, endowed with understanding and discerning knowledge, and who had ability for serving in the king's court; and he ordered him to teach them the literature and language of the Chaldeans.
- Intelligence is endowed, but wisdom learned: Holy Trinity Primary School Environmental Garden
- Wisdom is learned through the School of Hard Knocks and is the result of struggle and mistakes. When one is arguing from Wisdom, one argues from a place of folk tradition, intuition and common sense. Wisdom gives acuteness of judgment. It is the Sophia, the innate knowing that we have and aren’t aware of. This is the power attributed to the great seers, oracles and Biblical judges. Seekers and Guides: Knowledge, Wisdom and Gnosis (Paganism)
- Chinese Wisdom - Poem by Lawrence CH Hiun : audio
In crisis, wisdom growth,
But wisdom is learned.
|Vox populi: "In building bridges across communites, this site supports the efforts of Beliefnet.com and religioustolerance.org." Says Seeker of Truth (Reviews & Testimonials) @ xomreviews.com
The Blog Content Map is helpful organizing diverse material/content. Codakiz
Browse By Label: Blog Content Map
Blogging Books Business--Religious aspects Diversity
You are here
Cyber Worship Faith and the Media Golden Rule Holidays and holy days Inner-Net Interfaith Dialog
Knowledge Management Libraries and Librarians Multicultural
People Prayers Religious accommodation Seekers Spiritual Audit
Symbols Theology Tolerance Web analytics Women