The purpose, here, is to identify and list major topics that relate to finding religion-online (aka faith-based web searches), example: Muslims and Islam.
In short, the spiritual web has many resources (good, best and not so good) that are used for religious purposes. Here is a sample of topics that relate to Muslim and / or Islamic resources:
- Basic 101 - Iman (knowing), Islam (practicing), Ihsan (experiencing)
- Prayer / space location / direction / time (obligatory prayers)
- Fasting date and timing / Do's Don'ts
- Charity (obligatory = Zakat), other helping aids
- Hajj date and timing / Do's Don'ts
- Festival / celebration: date and timing
- Meditation / Zikr (other than obligatory prayers)
- Quran, recitation / Adhan / Hymns (Naat)
- Learning Islam: How to worship, how to resolve everyday situations
- History, biography, Life of the Prophet Mohammed and his companions
- Law (jurisprudence), schools, sources, etc.
- Finding an expert / alim / Scholar / Imam
- Cultural matters (dress, diet, etc.) communities, etc.
- Language based resources (Quran: translation and interpretation; Hadith, Fiqh, etc)
- Necessities of daily life: housing, jobs, Halal and legal avenues, inheritance, wealth management, family life, marriage, birth, death, etc.
- Movements, groups, ideologies, etc.
- News, events, etc.
Chapter 1. 1. Cyber Worship/Meditation Webwise: Noah, Abraham and Beyond
Chapter 2. 'Cyber Worship As-Is On the Web'
On the same shelf:
- Key Themes for the Study of Islam
Jamal J. Elias (2010, ISBN 9781851687107) [Contents: Art / Kishwar Rizvi -- Authority / Devin DeWeese -- Belief / R. Kevin Jacques -- Body / Shahzad Bashir -- Community / Ahmet T. Karamustafa -- Culture / Michael Cooperson -- Death / Amila Buturovic -- Gender / Kelly Pemberton -- God / Jamal J. Elias -- History / Snjezana Buzov -- Institution / Joseph E. Lowry -- Law / A. Kevin Reinhart -- Modernity / Bruce B. Lawrence -- Prayer / Shawkat M. Toorawa -- Prophecy / Devin Stewart -- Ritual / Amina M. Steinfels -- Text / İrvin Cemil Schick -- War / Sohail H. Hashmi -- Word / Walid A. Saleh. ] -- Other possible Islamic themes (potential keywords): Allah, fiqh, hadith, iman, islam, jihad, kitab, mithaq, nabi, qadr, Quran, salat, sharia, sufi, sunna, tawhid. umma (p. 4); prayer, fasting, alms-giving, judgement (p. 4);
- Major Themes of the Qur'an: Second Edition, by Fazlur Rahman
Chapter One : God
Chapter Two : Man as Individual
Chapter Three: Man in Society
Chapter Four: Nature
Chapter Five: Prophethood and Revelation
Chapter Six : Eschatology
Chapter Seven: Satan and Evil
Chapter Eight: Emergence of the Muslim Community
Appendix I: The Religious Situation of the Muslim Community in Mecca
Appendix II: The People of the Book and Diversity of Religions
- Islam and Christianity: Theological Themes in Comparative Perspective, by John Renard
Part I. Historical Dimensions: Interpreting God's Communication and Divine Engagement in Time and Space
1. Sacred Sources and Community Origins; 2. Development and Spread
Part II. Creedal Dimensions: Faith and the Development of Theology as a Religious Discipline
3. From Story to Creed; 4. The Emergence of Theological Disciplines
Part III. Institutional Dimensions: The Structures of Theologically Grounded Community
5. Beneath the Brick and Mortar; 6.Institutions in Action
Part IV. Ethical and Spiritual Dimensions: Mapping Outward and Inward Journeys of Faith
7. Sources, Methods, and Social Values in Theological Ethics; 8. Sources and Models in Traditions of Spirituality; 9. Themes in Prayer and Mystical Theology
Epilogue: Reflections on the Prospects for Christian-Muslim Theological Dialogue
- Islamic Theological Themes: A Primary Source Reader, by John Renard (Editor) CONTENTS:
Part One: The Science of Interpretation: Reading the Sacred Sources
1 Qur'an and Hadith; 2 Interpreting the Sacred Sources
Part Two: The Science of Community: Mapping the Boundaries of True Belief
3 Muslim Awareness of Other Religious Communities; 4 Creed and Polemic
Part Three : The Science of Divine Unity: Schools and Themes in Systematic Theology
5 Theological Schools and Principles; 6 Major Themes in Systematic Theology
Part Four : The Science of Hearts: Spirituality and Literature
7 Knowledge and the Spiritual Quest; 8 Poetic, Pastoral, and Narrative Theology
Part Five: The Science of Character and Comportment: Ethics and Governance
9 Ethics in Theory; 10 Ethics in Practice
- Yahoo Topics/Categories: